Corey Costanzo is the co-owner of Still Point Wellness, an award-winning spa in Asheville, North Carolina. He is a licensed clinical addictions counselor, trauma and anxiety specialist, music therapist, and mindfulness meditation teacher. He earned his master’s degree in Clinical Psychology with a focus on Somatic Psychology. Additionally, he is a certified Esalen Massage and Somatic Experiencing Practitioner as well as a very talented didgeridoo player.
Corey joins me today to share how he is using sound and vibration as a tool to heal and transform the lives of those around him. He explains how sound helps in becoming more attune with your partner and its impact on the connection you build with them. He also explains how harmonics and vibrations influence partnerships, strategies to become more attuned to yourself as well as your partner, and how he uses the didgeridoo as a guided meditation tool in his philanthropic work.
“Attunement is a beautiful ingredient to the recipe of a successful relationship - and a successful life.” - Corey Costanzo
This week on Relationships! Let’s Talk About It:
- How he uses sound and healing as meditative tools to impact the healing and transformation process.
- Using the didgeridoo as a healing instrument in guided meditation sessions.
- The “Inside Out” meditation strategy and how it works.
- The history of the didgeridoo.
- How his guided meditation sessions with the didgeridoo at a men’s detention center helped transform the lives of incarcerated men and trauma sufferers.
- The connection between emotional attunement and harmonic attunement.
- How attunement can be positive or negative.
- How being attuned to yourself - your knowing, alignment, and groundedness - impacts your ability to be attuned to others.
- Strategies to become attuned to yourself, your energy, and your personal space.
- The power of mental imagery, visualization techniques, and self-attunement.
- Designing your life with awareness and thought through mindfulness and attunement techniques.
- Touch the Sound Documentary
- Ear Hustle Podcast
- Light A Path Organization
- Asheville Community Yoga
- The Effects of Mental Imagery on Free Throw Performance study by The College at Brockport: State University of New York
Connect with Corey Costanzo:
Sponsored by Still Point Wellness
Still Point Wellness is Asheville’s premier spa experience. Enjoy effortless relaxation and rejuvenate your body through Still Point’s world-class services including Esalen Massage®, Salt Water Floatation also known as sensory deprivation, Cranial Sacral Therapy, and Somatic Psychology. Experience the healing powers of deep relaxation like never before!
Schedule your first appointment by visiting www.StillPointWell.com or call (828) 348-5372.
Mention the code: Pripo to receive 10% off your first Salt Water Floatation and Esalen Massage®!
Let’s Talk About It!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Relationships! Let’s Talk About It - the show to help you forge deeper, more meaningful connections and relationships with those around you. If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us a rating and review. Don’t forget to visit our website, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and share your favorite episodes on social media!
Theme music provided by Adi the Monk
Leaning In: Sharing Struggles With A PartnerToday Mitchell Smolkin and I explore what it really means to lean in with your p
How To Have The Partner You Most Want To HaveIn today’s episode, I discuss why it’s difficult - if not impossible - to find t
Approval-Seeking in RelationshipsIn this episode, Trish Kruger and I discuss the human need for validation and th
Should I Stay or Should I GoIn this episode, Shaun Rawls and I discuss the kind of work you need to do in ev