Medical decisions and our relationship with experts in the medical field take a prominent role at this stage of the pandemic - and our response to it. Which is why information is crucial, and something Dr. Mark Hoch - Founding Diplomate of the American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine - is passionate about guiding people through. Mark has been a medical doctor for over 30 years. He received his M.D. from the University of Pittsburgh and completed his residency in Family Medicine at the University of Connecticut. Today, Mark is active in the holistic medical movement in the U.S. and sits as Co-Chair of the Past Presidents Council of the Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine. But what really makes Mark special is his integrity and diligent work to educate others on health at a time where informed consent is imperative.
In this episode, Mark and I discuss the role of integrity in a relationship between doctors and patients. We describe what informed consent means and underscore its importance amid the global pandemic. We explain how not aligning with integrity can impact our health and wellbeing as well as how fear discourages us from choosing to act with integrity. We also highlight the need to practice integrity and underscore the value of tolerance and standing up for what’s right.
“The quality of relationships people attract or find themselves in resonates with integrity.” - Dr. Mark Hoch
This week on Relationships! Let’s Talk About It:
- The role of informed consent and integrity in the work of a physician
- What happens when people don’t know they are not aligned with their integrity
- How integrity was modeled in Mark’s childhood and family
- Making mistakes in life and how they can help us check our alignment with integrity
- The relationship between a person’s integrity and their physical health and wellbeing
- “Choice” moments and the aspects of integrity
- The story of a woman who suffered mercury and lead poisoning
- Mark’s professional journey in healthcare and the importance of teaching health
- Integrity misalignment on a massive social scale and how fear discourages us from being our authentic selves
- Learning from the dinosaurs and how Western medicine is not based on health
- The lack of integrity in healthcare and medical research
- Flip-flopping integrity and the difference between ignorance and outright lying
- The need to practice integrity and the healthy way to learn from life
- The Emergency Authorized mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine: Is It a Good Idea for Our Children?
- A Note on EAVs: Emergency Authorized Vaccines for COVID-19
Connect with Mark Hoch:
Let’s Talk About It!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Relationships! Let’s Talk About It - the show to help you forge deeper, more meaningful connections and relationships with those around you. If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us a rating and review.
Check out our Guided Audio Practices and Meditations at Relationships! Let’s Learn About It.
You can check out the original songs I have sung in my podcast at Pripo’s Podcast Songs.
If you have a relationship question you’d love to have answered, contact us. Your question may be featured on a future episode!
And if our content has helped you forge deeper connections and more meaningful relationships, be sure to help support the show by visiting our Support the Podcast page!
Theme music “These Streets” provided by Adi the Monk
Allowing Influence From Your PartnerIn this episode, Corey and I share some examples of opening up to influence in o
Leaning In: Sharing Struggles With A PartnerToday Mitchell Smolkin and I explore what it really means to lean in with your p
How To Have The Partner You Most Want To HaveIn today’s episode, I discuss why it’s difficult - if not impossible - to find t